Mission and Values
Parrenthorn High School is a popular school, valued by its local community. We provide each of our pupils with the opportunity to fulfil their full potential in a caring and supporting environment where high quality teaching and learning can take place ensuring success for our pupils.
We maintain positive links with the wider community and promote in our pupils self-esteem, and appreciation of rights and a willingness to accept responsibilities.
Our school values are the pillars of our school culture.
The School will:
- Value your child as a member of the school community.
- Care for your child in a form group. The Head of Year and Form Tutor will help to guide your child personally, socially and academically.
- Insist on high standards of behaviour at all times.
- Insist on a high standard of appearance with a strong uniform policy.
- Provide a suitably balanced curriculum which promotes equal opportunities for differing needs and abilities.
- Expect full attendance and punctuality and reward these appropriately.
- Set appropriate homework regularly.
- Provide regular updates regarding your child’s progress through reports and parents’ evening.
- Offer a wide range of extra- curricular activities.
- Keep you informed about school life through letters, the school website and social media.
- Reward your child in achieving good standards of progress and behaviour.
- Impose appropriate sanctions if this becomes necessary.
The Parent/Carer will:
- Ensure their child makes a positive contribution to the school and encourage them to get involved in extra-curricular activities.
- Take a personal interest in the work of their child and encourage them to reach their full potential.
- Ensure their child attends school on time except where illness prevents this, and to notify the school in writing of the reason for any absence.
- Ensure homework is completed on time and to a high standard.
- Ensure their child has high standards of behaviour.
- Send their child to school in full school uniform.
- Read all communications and respond as necessary.
- Attend parents’ evening and other events linked to their child’s progress.
- Ensure that their child completes sanctions set by the school including after school detentions and inclusion in accordance with school policy.
- Support school in ensuring their child understands the importance of maintaining good relations with others in our local community i.e residents and businesses.
The Pupil will:
- Make a positive contribution to school life and join in extra-curricular activities.
- Respect all members of the school community and school environment.
- Behave well in and out of school at all times.
- Attend school every day on time, except where illness prevents this.
- Attend school in full uniform.
- Work well in all lessons and complete homework on time to a high standard.
- Understand that achievement and application are worthwhile and will be rewarded.
- Take home all communications and return necessary information.
- Accept responsibility for their actions and where necessary complete sanctions including after school detentions and inclusion in line with school policy.
- Behave in a manner that promotes the reputation and good name of Parrenthorn High School in the community at all times.
- Not use mobile phones and any electronic devices during the school day